My purpose is to offer an opportunity to assist individuals, in one to one sessions to raise self-awareness of their motivations, habits and managing desires related to gambling.
By this process, the aim is to bring about a lasting change in habits, feelings and behaviours that lessen or fully stop the detrimental effect gambling is having on their lives and to those around them.
I qualified as a psychodynamic counsellor in 2003 & began private practice in 2004.
I have spent over 12 years years working in the field of addiction as a clinical lead within statutory sector therapeutic residential settings.
I work to an integrative model which means that I work with different therapeutic principles, specifically applying psychodynamic and Person Centred theoretical principles.
This fits well with my personal philosophy in that I feel different people require different strategies to help them at different times during therapy. This philosophy has been developed from my professional training together with broad professional and personal life experiences.
I am a long term registered member (No. 107865 ) of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists(BACP) and adhere to their code of conduct & ethics in my work.
A HEAds up
- The next bet will square up my losses
- Let me rack my brains... who can I borrow from?
- What a losing streak today.
- I was just unlucky.
- If only I'd bet the other way.
- What a result, a big win today!
- I can pay off this, that one and have a bit left to bet.
- That tip was the the best.
- I'm on a winning streak I can't possibly lose.
- Tomorrow's going to be a big win.